Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Today's Events"

      So this morning we sat and waited. Its 7:11 am and Our grandmother is on her way back to surgery. Her eyes are filled with tears because of the fear of the unexpected. We prayed a prayer of comfort as she grasped my hand. Giving her words of encouragement and inspiration. Praying that the Lord be in the midst of the surgery. That He guide the surgeons hands and keep her in his care. It's knee replacement surgery and the operating physicians seem confident that all will go well. And so am I because they prayed with us. Thank you Jesus. It's 9:40 and I get a call from the surgeon saying everything went well an she is doing fine. Been at the hospital all day. In and out picking up people & meds that the hospital doesn't carry. The hospital doesn't carry meds???!!!! What kind of monkey operation is this? Anyhow,I got them for her. She is now resting and awaiting my return.       Meanwhile, my little cousin lay in the intensive care pediatric unit miles across town. She is recovering and making progress. I'll make my way there to see her after Grandmom comes outta surgery since I'm off today. Just found out that she took her trache yesterday so the team came in and put on another one. And she's talking now so I can't wait to see her. On top of all this, my youngest daughter has to got to the dentist today because her tongue got stuck in the spacer in her mouth the other day and they probably have to reset it. No worries tho because she is fine. She was a little hysterical at first, but the ER doctor was the bomb. And she went on playing and eating like the big girl she is.      Class last night with pastor was, and is, always great. Sometimes we take time out to give our brains a rest and see how each other is doing. These rap sessions are much needed because they are therapeutic for the both of us. For me it lets pastor know how I am doing and if there's anything bothering me or how I'm coming along in my studies because along with my sinus headaches, theology makes my brain swell and hurt. Which in turn causes me to pick pastors brain probably more than he would like. Lol (Sorry Doc) But, in the course of my studies, pastors teaching of Gods word, and our day to day life trails, there is always something to learn through Gods word.       During our 1st deacons ordination, I heard an learned something very powerful. When presented with their new bibles, one of the head deacons said "there is nothing that goes on in life, that you can't find in this book", meaning the Bible. In my mind it sparked more thirst for knowledge and it took me back to all the classes and rap sessions that pastor and I have because no matter what I go through, pastor always refers to a scripture in the Bible that better helps me understand what God says about the situation. Just for instance, last nigh, he read some familiar and encouraging passages I used to read all the time. Psalm 23, Psalm 27 and Isiah 40:26-31. He said the Lord told him that I needed strengthening, and boy was he right on the money about that. And before then a close friend prayed with me a prayer of strength, for me to be able to withstand these next few days, over the phone while I was on the train. See how God works? In the midst of our fear, God will send an angle to strengthen you. So I looked back at how God sends me messages and sends a sign or an angle of strengthening when I least expect it. Thank you Jesus!!      It's was only 7:57am an my impatient grandfather ready to leave while Grandmom is under the knife. So I reminded him of how we, including grandmom, sat through a grueling 10hr aneurism surgery he underwent last year. Oh how we forget. I think we can wait 3hrs for her. All the cooking and cleaning and washing clothes she does for 4 grown behind men, please don't get me started on that subject. That's a whole nother blog.     Anyhow, as we patiently waited for her to come out of surgery we ate and laughed and chilled out. When they finally brought her to her room, I asked her how she felt and she answered, "your prayers, your prayers". I almost lost it. Thank you father for protecting her. And for being our strong tower and for your goodness and mercy. I tried, but I never mad it to see Saryn, but I did make it to my daughters dentist apt. Which also went well.Praise report, Saryn is sitting up talking & painting. Loving God through this journey. As I close,I leave you all with this, to all my readers, and my family, share this with some one: Numbers 6:24-26 says 24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.               Amen!          Thank you and have a save blessed day,                         ~Rev. Tyrone Birch~

No comments:

Post a Comment