Friday, June 8, 2012

"Prayer Changes Things"

Prayer Changes Things (WhenYou Believe)  How often do you hear "I'll be pray for you!!"? Do you ever wonder if that person really prayed for you or is really praying? Have you ever told someone that you are gonna pray for them & walk away from them & later forget to pray for that person? How do toy think you would feel if something happened to that person & you didn't pray for them? Or better yet, pray with them.       These are just a few questions that run through my mind for time to time. As of late I have adopted a method that my Father in the ministry has developed over the years. Instead of telling someone he'll pray for them, or if someone asks him to pray, he takes a few moments to go into prayer when he hears the need or request. That's being mature in spirituality.       Often times I would tell someone that I'll keep it in prayer. Then later on I would pray for the situation. As of late, I have been feeling a little better about myself because I go into prayer for a moment of someone's else's need and not just my own..     Today though, my heart is a little heavy. No matter how much I find strength in the Lord, there is always something, weather large or small, trying to break me down. These next few weeks will be a test of our family's strength. Beginning last tues, my grandfather was rushed to the ER only to find out that he had a blood clot in his groin. Praise God, he was released wed evening but still has to undergo a number of strenuous test in a few days while he's still feeling a little weak from being hospital stricken for over a week. Leave it up to him and he thinks that because he's no longer in the hospital, he's 100% better. Not the case. He still wants to get up and do the things he is used to doing all these years. Being recently retired from years of work now this? How can he cope.       Yesterday, my little cousin had to undergo a grueling 12hr surgery. My family and I have been in constant prayer for a safe procedure & a speedy recovery. For those that are wondering what kind of surgery this strong little beautiful 6yr old Had to have:  here's a lil bit of information; Her name is Saryn Birch, and she has something called Apert's syndrome. It is a genetic disease in which the seams between the skull bones close earlier than normal. This affects the shape of the head and face.It occurs in 1 in 200,000 live births. Both she and her mother are at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Her mother is a very strong woman. So I can only imagine that Sayrn has her mothers strength if not more. Saryn, pronounced (Sare-rin) is a beautiful young intelligent spirited young lady who loves her family and brings us so much joy. She has to undergo a number of surgeries as she grows up. So we are always brought to our knees in prayer for her, and all of our family, young, old, Christian and the ones who choose to live other lives. We may have grown apart, but we always come together in each others times of need.        This morning, my cousin posted a graphic picture of Saryn in recovery. I instantly wanted to kiss her again, I miss her calling my name and I miss her making me laugh and I want her to jump on me right now. I thought I could hold it together but it's not as easy as it sounds. This mornings image is now burned in my brain and myself and all of our Facebook family and friends who has seen the pic are probably more humbled than we've ever been. It's tough. But as we pray, some of us won't admit it, but we are afraid. Afraid there's a certain fear that you get from finding strength and courage I the Lord. But this fear that we feel is good fear. It's healthy.       Healthy fear is circumstantial, it goes away. It helps you in your time of need. For example, you know how you're getting ready to take a big test and you're afraid you won't do well but you strive to do better? That's good fear. It propels you. It motivates. This fear comes from the love of the Lord. You see in Jesus prayed a prayer of fear in Luke 22:42-43   42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. Jesus was fearful for a brief moment.  He didn't wanna die the way he knew he was going to die, but the important confession of this scripture says, and get ready for this, Not my will, but your will be one Father. And watch this, verse 43 says an angle appeared from heaven strengthening him. That's powerful ain't it?      So you see, no mater what the situation is, fellowship with the Lord, be obedient to his word, submit yourself to the will of God (Thank you Jesus) and He'll strengthen you in your time of need.      Prayer does change things. John 13:34-35 says A new commandment I give you, That ye love one another as I have loved you. That ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.  Pray for ones other. Lift someone up in prayer in their time of need when they need it.     As we will be in constant prayer, next week and my Grandmother will be going in for knee replacement surgery on the 13th. I claim healing and strengthening over these situations in Jesus name. There's power in the name of Jesus!!! There's healing in the name of Jesus!!! There's salvation........ In the Name of Jesus!!!! If you were sitting next to someone and tell you to tell them NEIGHBOR, YOU CAN FIND PEACE, IN CHRIST JESUS!!!!!    Please take a moment and pray for these situations. And pray for the situation that someone asked you to pray for at that moment. Remember, there's never an inappropriate time to pray and Prayer changes things.      Thank you all and God bless.                                              ~Rev. Tyrone Birch~

No comments:

Post a Comment